Hosted at ULisboa’s notable School of Arts and Humanities, SiPN’s Advanced Liberal Arts Program in Lisbon (ALAL) aims to enhance undergraduate liberal arts education by providing students with an immersive Portuguese education experience. Seated alongside other Portuguese, Europeans, and students from other Portuguese-speaking countries, U.S. SiPN students have the opportunity to authentically engage with Portuguese language and academic culture, while having the support of handpicked ALAL Faculty that are familiar with US pedagogy to help students achieve their educational goals.
The ALAL program is geared towards students who:
- Are Looking for an immersive academic experience studying alongside Portuguese university students.
- Are willing to go further in terms of exploring Portugal and the larger Lusophone space.
- Interested in taking most if not all coursework in Portuguese.
- Are at B1 Level of Portuguese or have taken at least 3 semesters of Portuguese at their home university (or equivalent capacity).
- Want to combine coursework with an internship/junior research experience (Spring semester only).
This semester program allows students to choose up to 5 courses taught in Portuguese from within the following concentration areas:
- Art Studies
- Classical Studies
- English Studies
- North American Studies
- Portuguese Studies
- Romance Studies