The Luso American Development Foundation (FLAD) is a private Portuguese non-profit foundation. FLAD is the “motor” behind SiPN.
This means that our programs are created with a true non-profit spirit in mind, and this is why our program fees are so much lower than competing programs in Western Europe. Besides our strategic grant partnerships with the U.S. Fulbright Program and other non-profits that promote international exchange, FLAD has committed itself to use any positive revenues generated from this program by adding more merit-based student scholarships. This means that as our program grows in terms of recruitment, more and more scholarships will become available to our applicants.
Award Amount & Application Deadline
FLAD has committed €10,000 in partial scholarships for each academic year.
Semester applicants will be awarded $500 or $1000 grant, and Summer applicants will be awarded a $500 grant. This grant will appear on the student’s invoice in a format of a discount.
The deadline for Summer and Fall SiPN/FLAD scholarship applications is March 15; for Spring Semesters, it is October 15. SiPN applicants will be reminded to apply for SiPN/FLAD scholarships during the application process.
Successful applications will demonstrate a combination of academic merit, personal motivation, a strong faculty recommendation, and financial need.
How to apply?
Submit the following documents to email@example.com or if applying for a summer program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit all documents at once and on the email subject should be written “SIPN/FLAD Scholarship Application”.
- PDF document with a Personal Statement of 250 to 500 words (i.e. of topics you may want to address: Reasons you selected SiPN; Reason(s) you feel that you should receive the scholarship; Contributions you feel you can make as a SiPN student).
- Proof of Financial Need – SiPN accepts 2 ways to prove financial need:
- A simple letter from your University, Financial Aid Office, OR you can also use SiPN’s “Proof of Aid Verification Form”(PAVF), this document is also part of our application packet.
- If you are not a Financial Aid student, you can simply write/justify your financial situation in your personal statement so our committee can decide based on that personal statement.
- Student Transcript: that is required during the general application process.
- Faculty Recommendation Letter